Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hamlet - Day 10

For the first part of class you'll work with your group to examine four relationships and how they change (or don't) over the course of the first three acts of the play:

  • Hamlet and Gertrude - I.2 / III.4
  • Hamlet and Claudius - I.2 / III.2 & III.3
  • Hamlet and Horatio - I.2 / III.2
  • Hamlet and Ophelia - I.3 / II.1 / II.2 / III.1

Instead of discussing them or writing about them, you'll create a series of tableaux - silent freeze-frames to convey the feelings, attitudes, and motivations of the characters in these scenes. While two of you pose (create the tableau), other people in your group read the line(s).

I'll be taking pictures of these and posting them - both for fun and reference!

Be sure to take good notes during class  - keep track of these details!

For the second part of class, you'll be writing a short reflection on characters who appear in scenes 3 and 4 of Act III. It will be posted here by the end of the period.